Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cold Turkey Run

Before my trip to Escalante on Thanksgiving morning I ran a 4 mile race called the Cold Turkey Run up City Creek with my mom, my brother Scooter, and his wife Jayme. Scott pushed their two kids, Bennett and Carter, in a running stroller. It was so fun! Scott and Jayme do this run every year and I am so happy they invited me. They wore their traditional turkey hats and it was pretty funny to see random people want to take pictures with them.
I looked like I came straight out of the 80's with my baggy sweater, high cut shirt, short shorts, and tights. Oh the price I pay to stay warm.


I always do this pose before a race, cause I'm going to be number one! haha not really. But I did finish the 4 miles in 35 mins flat. I was hoping to make it under 40 mins. So I was pleasantly surprised! I am totally ready to do it again next yr. and try and beat my time.

3 comments:

Katie Webb said...

Yay! Good job! You are such a stud! I did see the email from Amber! Pretty exciting! I wish I could be there :(

Allyx and Dan said...

You are awesome. One time when I was younger I ran 3 miles in 45 minutes and i bragged to everyone about it. Until I found out that that is actually a really bad time. haha. well anyway i think your 80s outfit is great and i'm impressed with your running. :)

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

You are a champ. If I ran 4 miles it would kill me!! How are you guys?
P.S. I LOVE Jane EYre!