Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween, Books, and Life!

So ever since my camera broke last spring I have resorted to either using my phone camera or using someone else's. For Halloween I didn't take any pictures from my phone but I promise there are pictures. I'm just waiting for them to be emailed to me. Once I get them you can see Jake as an adorable Tinky Winky Teletubbi and me as an Indian princess. Halloween was a blast! We had a party at Dianne's house so of course I stuffed my self with candy and food.






Until the pictures come I'll tell you about the book I just finished. I'm sure everyone of you know by now that I have been dealing with Infertility treatments. This book "Conquering Infertility" by Dr. Alice Domar was a wonderful insight on the lives of couples dealing with infertility. It's not only a great book for those experiencing Infertility first hand but it is a good reference for those who have loved ones dealing with infertility. It gives coping tools for the Infertile couple including, meditation, relaxation, yoga, counseling etc. But it also gives people the chance to understand Infertility and to know how to act around someone who is going through this trial. It was a very well researched book and I was shocked at how many people are going through the same thing as me. If you are currently dealing with Infertility you have to read this book or if you just dont understand the subject then it might be a good thing to check out so you can see what Infertile couples go through on a day to day basis.

Also a little update on us. Since we have been trying 21 months, 12 of which have been on infertility treatments and meds, and just recently experiencing a possible early miscarriage we have decided to take a hiatus on trying. I'm going to try and enjoy life for a change and get back to the real Stephanie that loves to read, ski, workout, be with family, be outdoors, travel, and be HAPPY! :) I appreciate every ones love and support. I also appreciate every ones patients with me. I'm sorry if this post was TMI but writing this down for all to see is the best way for me to cope. It is definitely easier then telling you all face to face. Thank you again. Love you all!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Very well said.

Katie Webb said...

sounds like a great book. i have several friends who struggle with the same thing. you're not alone. its good you're taking a break. but don't give up hope. i have a present for you, is your address the craig drive one still?