Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Jane Eyre

Two nights ago I finally finished Charlotte Bronte's 'Jane Eyre'. I enjoyed it so much! It took a while to get into the first couple hundred pages but then I just couldn't put it down! I really don't have the right words to describe how beautiful this story is. It is one of the best love stories ever told. Not only is it about love but it is about devotion, trust, endurance, patience, divine intervention, and basically all things that most people now a days don't respect anymore in a romance. If you are just sick of some of the media that is out there right now and you want to get swept away in a beautiful wholesome romance please read Jane Eyre. I promise you won't regret it!This is the book cover from the book that I read. It is all written in it's original 1847 state but has these crazy, Gothic/Victorian cartoon illustrations all through out it, by Dame Dary. If your going to buy Jane Eyre to read; this copy is awesome. I got it at Barnes and Noble.

3 comments:

Luke, Marie & Brody said...

Ok so you have convinced me to read jane eyre!! I love that I can look at your blog and just know when New Moon starts! Yay!!!

The Tenney's said...

i went and got it at the library the other day. i'll try to read it fast so we can talk and watch the movie!

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

Okay, so if you loved the book, you have to get the movie. There are a lot of crappy renditions out there, but the absolute ultimate is the Masterpiece Theatre version (BBC). It's the most recent one starring Toby Stephens and Ruth Wilson. In fact, I own it, and so maybe you and Jake should come to Gunnison for a weekend and we can watch it! :)