Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Party

On Thursday October 30th Jake and I had a party for our family in our cozy basement. We had a costume contest, carved pumpkins, decorated Halloween cookies, and ate lots of food (Including Jake's, now famous, homemade ice cream!)

Jake and I as Bacon and Eggs!

Jake's brother Daniel as a Ski Bum and a complete freak. (sorry Daniel, it's your fault for doing this pose)

Nick was a Sumo Wrestler. I went with him to find this costume. I think it was the best costume ever. He played the part perfect!

Jayme and her boys were all characters from the kid's show "The Backyardigains"
Bennett was Austin, Jayme was Tasha, and her baby Carter was Tyrone.



Carter loved decorating cookies! He would just eat the frosting and smear it all over his face! It was hilarious!!



Carter and Grandma Christy, the gym teacher, before the frosting fiasco




Angela's costume was an off-duty nurse . Good try Angie but I do love the cookie!





Abbey was a Gothic Fairy but she forgot her wings so she just looked Goth, but I couldn't make fun of her cause it was, of course, my costume that she borrowed.






Dianne was dressed as a beautiful Egyptian Queen. (very scandalous) and that is one good look'n cookie.

This is Daniel, whenever we have a family party, two hours into it. He was out!


THE PUMPKINS

this scary tree was Nick's


I wish this had come out better on my camera, but this is Dianne's pumpkin with four spooky ghosts



Here is mine. Can you tell who it is? It is Jack Skelington from Nightmare Before Christmas.

This was Jake's. I think it was Lord Voldemort!


And this other scary tree was Angie's!

We had such a fun time and we think this party is a great tradition. Hopefully we can top it next year!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great party. Thanks for getting so excited about Halloween. I am afraid if it was left up to me we wouldn't do anything!
Love ya, Mom

linda koetitz said...

Love the pictures!! You have the best blog ever...I really need to have you teach me how to do some things lolli