Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

Believe In Your Dreams!


So if you haven't heard all ready I am working on opening a medical spa with my mother-in-law and a Dr. It is called Namaste Med Spa and it should be open by now. But of course opening a business is not smooth sailing, we have had a lot of hiccups along the way via loans, construction, equipment etc. You name it and it has probably happened. On a happy note things are still moving along just at a slower pace than we had wished. Right now we are stationed at Dr.Goldberg's Internal Medicine office at Jordan Valley Hospital. I have been working 4-5 days a week doing Hair removal, skin and fat tightening, and skin resurfacing non stop. I also am doing all of the scheduling and helping with authorization through the lasers company, the Dr., and the state/city. So basically I have no life right now. This has been an amazing journey and I am so grateful that I have had this opportunity to start a business in such a hands on way. Earlier this yr. I actually created the original floor plan and came up with the name of the spa. Ever since I started my schooling I said I would love to have my own spa and name it "Namaste", and now it is happening! All I can say is stay positive and go for your dreams and they will come true if you have enough determination. I'd like you to know a little about why I choose the spa name that I did. It is an Indian greeting that is used in passing with head bowed and palms facing each other in prayer in front of you. If any of you have done Yoga, we do it at the end of a session. It has many meanings, my favorite is: I recognize the divine in you and the divine in me, together we are filled with truth, beauty, and light. Together we can accomplish anything; Namaste (Nah-mah-stay).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Steph! That really explains it well. Good for you.
Mom