Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gemma Doyle Series completed but left me wanting more!!

I finally finished the last installment of the Gemma Doyle Series: "The Sweet Far Thing" by Libba Bray. It was by far the best book out of the three. Which could be contributed to the fact that it was 819 pages long, so there was a lot of time to develop plot and characters. Some might complain about the books length but I loved it! I wish it could have kept going. It's one of those books you wish you could just live in and it never ends. Oh well, we all know that can never happen. But this is sure to keep you captivated for at least a week of your life. It took me close to a month because of work, responsibilities and the fact that I read slower because I didn't want it to end.

Now don't be confused, my love for this book is nothing compared to how I feel about Twilight. But since the Twilight series is over and I cant just read it for the rest of my life, I have to take shots at other romantic and adventurous books. If you are living in the land of the lost since Twilight, this series is a great pick me up. Now that I've finished the Gemma Doyle Series I feel like I am back to the same desperate state that I was in after Twilight was over. I need another hit of something, and I need it fast!!! Who knew books could be just like drugs?!

1 comment:

Emalia said...

Hi Steph! I'm glad you liked it too! I thought the third was the best as well but SOOO long. With life etc. I think it took my like 3 or 4 months to read. I ended up getting the audio version to listen to the last 1/4th of the book because I'd run out of 'renews' at the lib. on the book.