Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Belated Zion Narrows Pics

Two weeks ago Jake and I went down to Zion National Park with my mom and my uncle Mark. We hiked the Zion Narrows and it was a blast! It is our favorite hike and we try to do it once a year. The Narrows is a long hike and takes place mostly in the river. On both sides of the river are towering cliffs and beautiful wildlife. You can choose to hike the whole Narrows from top to bottom and it takes about 10 hrs, I have done that in the past, but this year we started at the bottom, went up a ways, and then came back down. I recommend this hike to everyone. It is such an exciting hike, and can cater to any one from an expert hiker to a novice.
Jake and I getting a little wet!

This is a beautiful spring that came straight down into the virgin river



My Mom and I


You have to use a hiking stick on this hike or you will fall in the water.
I can't wait till we do the hike again next year!


1 comment:

Katie Webb said...

My aunt fell while hiking through the narrows and cracked her head on a rock. It was so bad. It was right on her eye where she hit and it split open her eyebrow area. I'm sure you wanted to hear my story. Anyway, looks like you had fun! I miss Utah so bad!