Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Disneyland and More!!


This past weekend Jake and I had the wonderful opportunity to go to California with my family, including, Mark, Mom, Jayme, Scooter, Bennett, and Carter. It was so much fun! It was the best birthday ever for Jake and I. (my birthday was the 28th and Jake's was the 29 th) First we went to Disneyland for two days, then we headed to Sea World, and we finished the trip off at the San Diego Beach. We weren't even there a week, but it was a much needed vacation.
My favorite part was that Disneyland was decorated for Halloween!


There was a huge Mickey pumpkin head in the middle of Main Street



Even the gate was decorated

Believe it of not, we did not plan to all wear pink! Great minds think alike!

Jake and I ate at the Carnation Cafe on Main Street for our birthday dinner together. We loved it.

Our favorite ride was the Haunted Mansion. It was not only decorated for Halloween but Christmas too. It showed us what happens when Halloween takes over Christmas.It was just like the movie, "The Nightmare Before Christmas". The entire ride was completely different than usual. Did I mention it was my favorite ride!

Jake and I waiting in line.
While waiting in line we ran into this scare crow that looks a lot like Skeleton Jack. (I think he is hiding inside)

I took pictures while I was on the ride which is prohibited, boy do I live on the edge!

Jack Skelington dressed as "Sandy Claws"

The Christmas decorations tried to eat us!

SEAWORLD

Here we are in the Arctic Wild. They have pretty cool animals, like a completely white whale.

The shark is going to eat me!!

After seeing Shamu and his friends we went to San Diego beach.
We got to the beach late but Jake and I still went on a romantic walk on the beach. The ocean is behind us but it is so dark you can't see it.
The water was freezing but Jake and I ended up getting in up to our waist.

I found this lovely boa on the beach. I can't believe someone just abandoned it there! (If you can't tell, it's seaweed)


That next morning I went running with my mom along the beach on the boardwalk. It was so much easier to run 4 miles in San Diego I could have probably done 4 more! This is Mom and I in front of the Surfer Hotel that we stayed at in San Diego. It was so nice to be right on the beach and have our own private beach entrance.

On our way to the airport we passed the beautiful San Diego temple! I would love to go in it someday. I wonder what most people think when they drive by it!

2 comments:

Katie Webb said...

looks like you had a great time. You look so good! I want to be skinny again! I swear its easier to run in humidity than in the dryness of utah.

Anonymous said...

Steph, this trip was so much fun. Having Jeff, Rachel and the girls with us is the only thing that could have made it better. I wanted to stay for another week!