Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

The Hunger Games

After Twilight I've been in somewhat of a novel funk. Nothing seems to be good enough. Except for the Gemma Doyle Trilogy, but that lasted only a month and I was back to square one. Nothing seemed exciting to read anymore and it was hard to get through anything, up until my sister in law Angie and cousin Erin told me I had to read "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins. I had heard of the book before on a Twilight fan website due to the fact that it was Stephenie Meyers favorite book over the summer. But for some reason I just ignored it. I am so happy my family got me to read this book. It isn't just about love (which we all know I have to have) It is mostly a action, survival, thriller. When I actually had time to sit down and read this book it took me a total of 3 days to finish it. After the first little bit I could not put it down. It is definitely one of my favorite books. I finished "The Hunger Games" last night around 1am and the first thing I'm doing this morning is buying the sequel, "Catching Fire". A word of advice; makes sure you all ready of the sequel on you when you finish this book. I hate waiting to have to go get it!

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

LOVED Hunger Games too. Just wait til you read Catching Fire...it's even better. The first 85 pages or so were a little slow for me, but after that it was SOOOO good. You may want to wait a year to read it though...totally leaves ya hanging!

Katie Webb said...

http://twilightations.blogspot.com/ i just found this blog and thought of you.

Christy said...

Okay, I didn't think I would like this book but I am loving it!