Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fill the Ark 5K

On Saturday June 14th, Mom and I ran our second 5K this year. The Fill the Ark 5K helps save animals and people in third world countries. It was pretty hard cause I wasn't feeling well. But I still made 40th place out of around 600! and mom was second in her age group! Yahoo!!

Mom and I just got our numbers before the race

I'm walking up to the plate! Wish me luck!

Theres Jake's cousin Jane McKnight. She was super fast!!!I think she was like 2nd in my age group, but don't quote me on that. Anyways, what ever she placed, it was way a head of me.

Here I come, Almost to the finish line!!!


I ran back to be with mom after I went past the finish line. She's amazing! Oh and that stupid kid in the front tried to get in front of our picture!

P.S. Afterwards mom and I went hiking up east millcreek canyon to Salt Lake overlook. We are officially crazy!

3 comments:

Katie Webb said...

That was my first thought too, you're crazy :) I'm proud of you! I can't run anymore. I think I did damage to my knees and hips in highschool from running too much, or the wrong way or something. You guys are awesome! Tell Jane I said hi next time you see her!

Mary said...

Congratlations!! Your Mom was telling us about your run! I would love to do that!
Mary

The Oborn Family said...

Look at you little running fiend! Way to go!! I am up to one mile straight since Camryn was born (pathetic, I know, but I am working on it!)