Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Very Own Mr.Darcy

WARNING: THIS POST IS SUPER CHEESY, SO IF YOU LOVE CHEESE PLEASE READ :)
Who says there isn't anyone like Darcy or Edward anymore? Just because guys aren't vampires or they don't wear tight riding pants, tall boots and a jacket with tails, doesn't mean they can't act and be just like the characters we fall in love with in our favorite books. I am lucky to believe that I am married to someone just like them!
Today I was trying to run 6 miles, soaking wet, in the horrible rain/snow. Just as I was about to give up, my "white knight" showed up in our blue Honda element to rescue me from the freezing cold sleet. As soon as we got home he gave me a perfect pink rose that he picked up on his way home from work (I had to take a picture of it. It really was perfect!). He then continued to draw me a bath and pick out one of my favorite books, "Eclipse", for me to read while I was soaking in the bath. (Oh and he wasn't done there.) As I was taking a bath he cooked dinner! And to top it all off I dragged him to ward talent night and he didn't even complain! Jake is always doing things like this for me. I don't know what I did to deserve it but I am so lucky to have him. So, this is just a little note to all my single ladies out there: There is still hope! I found my "Mr. Darcy" and so can you.

Again I apologize for the sappiness, but it comes out of me ever so often :)

5 comments:

Katie Webb said...

He is definitely one of a kind! I think you probably stole the only Mr. Darcy there was left in the world! It wasn't even a special occassion? I don't even get that kind of treatment on my birthday, or anniversary, or when I'm pregnant, or when its Valentines Day, or EVER!!!!

Aubrey A said...

could you ask Jake to start a class for husbands?

Christy said...

Yes, you are sappy but we love you for it :)

Randi Patch said...

Aww.. what a sweetheart! That really is so cute of him! You are a very lucky girl!

Campbell-Littlefield-Paul Family! said...

What an amazing husband Stephanie! You make sure to hold onto him. I hope you do just as wonderful of things for him. Knowing you and how spunky and beautiful you are, I am certain you are the BEST!