Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Did It!

Over the weekend I completed the 2010 Canyonlands Half Marathon in Moab Utah. I finished with an average of just above a 9 min mile. I had such I good time and met some friends a long the way. It was also a fun girls trip for my mom and I. I hope I can do it again someday.
Getting ready to start. It's tradition for me to take this picture before a race, but don't worry I really didn't think I would be number one, But I did place with in the first couple thousand out of about 5,000 racers.

Jake's cousin Marie, her friend Meghan, and me. I'm so glad I found these girls at the beginning of the race. It was nice to start it out with some friends
The run was beautiful! I kept telling random people how pretty it was and I would pull out my camera to take pictures (and yes I was running while taking these, I don't think I ever stopped to walk in fear that I wouldn't start up again)


8 miles gone and I feel great!


Near the end of the canyon







A very nice man saw me taking pictures so he offered to take a picture of me so I could document that I was actually there. I love how nice everyone was.


I Did it!!! 13.1 miles! Near the end I thought I was going to pass out but I made it and I felt great! Just kidding I really felt horrible, physically, but emotional I was great!



To treat myself I got a pedicure and new sandals afterwards, sooo worth it!!!

Can't forget that my mom was with me, cheering me on at the finish line. She is such a trooper. She just had surgery but she insisted on coming down with me. I had such a good time with her. Thanks for coming mom, Love you!

6 comments:

Randi Patch said...

You are ridiculous.. Ridiculously amazing!! I am so proud of you doing the half marathon, and in 9 min miles!!! WOO HOO!!

Luke, Marie & Brody said...

yay!!! so fun! I hope to be as fast as you someday!

Christy said...

I had a great time with you as well. I really look like an invalid in that picture. Hopefully I will be running with you next time :) Okay, maybe only 5 miles, 13 just seems crazy.

Jeff&Rachel said...

Steph! Way to go! That is an awesome pace for such a long race. I am so jealous! I really wish I could have gone with you. Maybe someday..... You rock! -Jeff

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

Nice!! You are a champ!

Katie Hodgkiss said...

you are amazing. I really want to do that, but I honeslty don't think I could. I am so proud of you! Seriously! Miss you!