Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Chill Out and Get Healthy!

So I've been trying to get the right knowledge so I can start living more healthy and lose weight for this year. I was browsing through Barnes and Nobel the other day and I stumbled across this book, "Chill Out and Get Healthy: live clean to be strong and stay sexy". It was a catchy title so I picked it up and I liked what I saw so I decided to go on a whim and buy it and now I think it is one of the best things I have done! This book is focused on helping women do exactly what it says: To stay healthy, strong, and sexy for the rest of my life. The author is in Chinese Medicine and does acupuncture for a living so I was a little skeptical but I decided to read it anyway.


Here are some of the things I really liked about her book: She doesn't push her "beliefs" on you, meaning, she doesn't tell you to go out right now and go to a Chinese Medicine practitioner or start doing acupuncture. She preaches a balanced diet (That includes meat!) just make sure what you are eating is organic and natural. She also tells you to do everything in moderation. Have fun on the weekend! It won't be the end of the world if you have a cheeseburger and fries. And not only does she talk about diet but she helps you to destress and chill out to help you get through the hard things in life.

If you are trying to get healthy and live a better life style but you just don't know exactly how to get there then this book is for you! I'm currently training for a half marathon and it has given me some great tools to help my training. There is also a whole chapter dedicated on helping you get pregnant. She shows you how to get the healthiest body possible that a baby could grow in. Her ways have actually helped infertile women, in the past, get pregnant by improving the quality of their eggs! It's crazy but I think I believe it. Ladies, you really need to get this book! Start getting healthy and sexy with me!

4 comments:

Katie Webb said...

Sounds like a great book! I'll have to add it to my list for 2010!!! Almost done with Hunger Games. I'm a little disappointed though, cause I was browsing on the internet and I read a description of the next book and it TOTALLY ruined the ending of the first book for me. :( o well, its still good!

Christy said...

Do I need to read this book?
Mom

Stephanie said...

Yes!

The Oborn Family said...

oh -
I want to read it. If it will help me be as sexy as you, I am in!!! Sounds great actually, and I have a strong belief in Chinese Medicine and acupuncture (and have done it - while trying to get pregnant and through my entire first pregnancy). It is on my library book list - or maybe its a book to own so it will go on my birthday wish list!