Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rebel Angels

I just finished the second instalment of the Gemma Doyle Trilogy, "Rebel Angels". I was surprised that it was actually more exciting than the first book. There is a lot more suspense and intrigue. It is full of twists and turns to the plot and it always kept me guessing. The ghosts in this book are also more frequent and pretty frightening. Again I recommend this series to anyone wanting a good fast read. I really couldn't put it down till it was done!
Now it's on to the last of the Trilogy, "The Sweet Far Thing"

2 comments:

Katie Webb said...

Can I just say that I love that you read! Its hard for me to have conversations with people about books because I don't have a lot of friends who read as much as I do. Anyway, I really need to venture into more classic literature, but I have a tough time doing that. In fact I have a hard time venturing out of LDS novels for some reason. I'm reading Wicked right now and I'm struggling to get into it. I need to add a few reviews to my blog...I think I go do that now.

Katie Webb said...

Ya, I'm not even halfway through Wicked and there have been some vulgar things that have made me question whether or not I should be reading it. Which probably means I shouldn't. As for the financial books, its actually very, very difficult for me to read them. But Clint ONLY reads self-help type books, and he is always encouraging me to read them also. I have to make deals with myself..."if you finish this financial book then you can start reading that novel". Sometimes I find myself reading them really fast just so I can start on something more entertaining :) Its helped me with self dicipline a little bit too. Reading something I don't want to read. I always benefit in the end. Now if I could just buckle down and read the Book of Mormon....