Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Seattle Or Bust!

Last week my sister-in-law, Angela, and I went to visit our cousin Jane and her husband Mike in Seattle. We were only able to stay for a few days but we definitely spent our time wisely. We saw all the sites, and even fit in some much needed Jane Austen movie watching. Jane's husband is in residency so most of the time it was just us girls. It was so fun to have a girls trip! Jane is also 37 weeks pregnant, it was so fun to see her pregnant belly and talk about babies :)
First we visited the world famous Pikes Place. It is an awesome Fish/Farmers Market. You can buy everything there from lotion for a pregnant belly to hand painted hats to the best mac n' cheese ever! Jane and me in front of the market

The famous bronze pig in front of the fish "throwing" market.
Jane, Me, and Angela having a blast at Pikes Place. I really loved this place!

The water is beautiful, those girls are pretty good lookn' too!




Our second night there Mike was able to go out with us, so we hit up the best Indian Food in town. Yummy!




Here was another highlight for me: Trader Joe's! I love this place. I wish Utah could have one :(






Angela and me at the space needle. It was so cool!







We were sooooo lucky to be in Seattle at the same time as the Harry Potter Exhibition. First I got the privilege to be chosen to volunteer by the sorting hat. I then was sorted into Gryfindor (of course) We all then saw almost every prop and clothing item used in the movies, including the Hogwarts Express! I even got to pull on a mandrake and play Quidditch!!! I was like a kid at Christmas skipping from one thing to an other. It was amazing!


The Monorail at downtown Seattle was even decorated for the occasion. I was so excited, Can you tell?




At the end of our trip we went shopping at downtown Seattle. Here Angela and I are at the food court. We are so excited because Angela finally found the Hello Kitty watch I had been looking for at McDonald's. I know that its silly but I LOVE Hello Kitty and I have the best sister-in-law ever! She was on the search the whole trip for this watch and she found it the last day :) Thanks Angela!!
This was a really fun trip and I hope we can do it again soon before Jane
and Mike move.

2 comments:

Jane Bauman said...

Wow we had so much fun!!! I really wish we could do that more often... everything about our trip was perfect! I would love the pictures- my email is janebauman@gmail.com. Miss you!

Jane Bauman said...

P.S. I'm a little disappointed that the picture capturing Angela's and my special moment was not included :) haha!